Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm at 'Dear Author' Today Too

The first page of my YA SFR is up at Dear Author today.
http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010/04/24/first-page-sugar-rush-young-adult/
Of course, I can't call it SFR because I'm afraid people would run screaming into the wind.  Teenage girls aren't supposed to like anything smacking of Science Fiction, you know.  But, that's what it really is,
.
Near-Future Young Adult Science Fiction Romance.
.
Try to say that three times fast! 
.
(((sigh)))I'm never gonna see the inside of Barnes & Noble.  Maybe I should take up chicken farming instead.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know-- maybe it's just me, Kimber, but I think there are many teenage girls out there who love science fiction!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always did, Kaye. Princess Leia blasting Stormtroopers blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. the picture is 'Naiad' by J.W. Waterhous and is how I imagine the heroine looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimber An, I apologize for missing your post on DA. While I'm at it, I want to bring attention to your free internet download of STAR CAPTAINS' DAUGHTER (YA SFR) in our SFR Library (see the sidebar for the link). OMG, over 1700 downloads? Did I read that right? That's amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and critting an early version of this story, so I'm not surprised it's so popular.

    And I agree with Kaye about girls loving science and science fiction. That became delightfully evident when I was at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum in DC last fall, where I noted all the teenage girls weren't spending their time primping, preening and gossiping about boys in the halls--they were taking in the exhibits with wide eyes, pointing, squueeeing, and talking about all the cool space stuff. Music to my ears. Our future readership at play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "OMG, over 1700 downloads? Did I read that right?"

    Yep. Since it's free and not a paying publisher, I figured no one would take it seriously anyway. So, I never mention it.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation