Monday, April 26, 2010

Look What I Found in My Serial...

I'll give you a hint, it wasn't a toy surprise.


Almost a year ago, I dipped my toes into webfiction waters by starting a free online serial. My thinking was to offer an example of my work and to put out that free read that comes so highly recommended. I had a goofy little SFR story that had been whispering at me for awhile, and I figured it was just silly enough that I could get away with giving it away.


Little did I know.


What is it about stories that grab you by the wrists and run? This one writes itself. I'm not kidding. I'm also not complaining; I'm enjoying the heck out of the ride. But seriously, a xenobiologist, a space harlot and a thirty foot, hot pink mollusk? Who wrote that?


Oh right. Guilty.


So now we're sneaking up on a one year anniversary, I'm planning the Space Slugs online birthday party bash, and I've never been more thrilled. Since I'm new to the crew, I figured I'd give you all a heads up on just how loony I can be. Stop by for a free read, but leave you tribbles here. I think Neela might eat them.





6 comments:

  1. I haven't even read any of it yet and I'm cracking up. LOVE the title and tag!

    Welcome, Frances - I noticed we're neighbors in the real world (I'm in Seattle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds HI-larious! Must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! :-)

    Sharon, I spent my whole life on that side before fleeing over the hills. If you're in Seattle, then you know where the slug theme comes from. lol
    I miss the art scene and the good coffee, but not the drizzle or traffic.

    ~Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Frances, I have to check that out. Space Slugs. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to linking to this at TGE.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation