Saturday, July 31, 2010

Long and Short Romance Reviews Gives Girl Gone Nova 4.5!


Girl Gone Nova released in April and I've been thrilled by the reception its received, and I love the fact that reviews trickle in and give me a lovely boost when I'm working on a new book and fear it sucks and I should give up writing forever. (And it seemed like the busy review sites were having trouble finding reviewers who read SFR, so yah!) 


Here's a big woot (and a big thank you) for a new review from Long and Short Romance Reviews! And the love keeps coming because Girl Gone Nova is also up for their Book of the Week! I hope you'll stop by and cast a vote for your favorite review of the past week. And here's my favorite parts from the review (well, I loved it all, but here's some snips): 




Girl Gone Nova by Pauline Baird Jones
Rating: 4.5 Books
Reviewed by Cholla



About my heroine:


"Doc is probably the most creative and inventive character I’ve met to date. Able to adapt to any and every situation within the blink of an eye, there isn’t a job too difficult for her...or so she thinks. And then she meets Hel – Leader of the Gadi people and everything changes." 


About my hero: 

Hel is a paradox of his own. His public side is all professional. He’s the calm and serene diplomat at all times, both out in public and with his advisors. However, when he’s backed into a corner, you definitely do not want to be the one standing in his way."



And then the big finish: 
"Girl Gone Nova is an action-filled science fiction treat! Stuffed full of intrigue, time-traveling, wisecracks and every girl’s dream of love and happily-ever-after, it’s a sure-fire hit with any lover of the genre. Ms. Jones has a talent for bringing unusual characters forth and making them seem like ‘one of the guys’, it’s a talent you’re sure to remember for a long time to come, as is her amazing novel, Girl Gone Nova."



To read the whole review, click here. And to vote for a "Book of the Week" review click here. Girl Gone Nova is a connected, follow-on to The Key, which won the Dream Realm Award and a Bronze IPPY. And I take the books in a steampunk/science fiction romance direction this December when Tangled in Time releases. 


Okay, I know I love it when I get a great review quote. Anyone else have a favorite to share? It's Saturday, so let's toot some horns!
perilously,
Pauline
Perils of Pauline 

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Pauline!
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I CAN'T WAIT to read this one.

    Great review, Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you. I've already added it to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaaaaa, Pauline! I've GOT to read GIRL GONE NOVA soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much all of you! I thought I subscribed to comments, but apparently it didn't take! Just checked back and thank you! You all rock!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation