Monday, February 28, 2011

New Member: Ren Thompson

Another big welcome for a new member! :-)


Please tell us a little about yourself

I am unpublished writer at the moment. I live and work in Canada, in administration with plans to break out of my cubicle as soon as possible. I love a good glass of wine, food, movies and of course reading.

We’d love to hear more about your book,

I am currently working on a series of stories under the mantle of The Gideon Chronicles. The bulk of them center around the planet Gideon in the Asleha star system in 2766 C.E. The Council Ameris is the controlling government of Gideon, and its four colonies (as yet unnamed)

Would you like to share any upcoming projects ?

I do a little bit of warbling on my blog. My Tuesday serial is about to end: Onja Bounty Agent:http://renthewriter.blogspot.com/Its not Romance. Its just me getting toes wet so far :)

What do you like about writing SFR?

Its very challenging, completely different from werewolves and vampires, that's for sure. I'm just writing it out as it comes to me, then going back to do some research.

What do you find challenging about it?

Making it read and sound as authentic as possible. I admit that I have a lot of work to do in that area. I'm in complete awe with authors who can do that.

What is your favorite SF book or movie?

I loved Galaxy Quest. Its not completely sci/fi but it was hilarious. I loved the Star Trek reboot. I can quote lines from the Matrix, most of the Alien movies, Star Wars, all of them. I'm on the hunt for Blade Runner. I keep missing it on tv (boo)Also, Angela Knight's Sci/fi Romances, and anything by Tonya Moore

If you could have a robot that did one chore/task and only one, what would you choose?

I've got a list of things but I would have to take grocery shopping on Saturdays. I hate that the most.

Favorite mode of fictional travel?

Dang it, Elizabeth nailed it before me :)I would love to travel in the Tardis.

Thank you so much for this :)Ren

6 comments:

  1. Welcome, Ren. Glad you joined us.

    I love to collect SF/R quotes too. (Especially Firefly.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Brigade Ren!

    I agree with you about the challenge of writing SFR. I do love it, and my research is so intriguing I usually share aspects
    of it on my blog.

    Good luck with your writing and I look forward to seeing your stories and books published.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard and nice to meet you. Good luck with your writing - keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie, Kaye and TK

    Thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting in the middle of it all LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Brigade! And good luck with getting published! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Ren and good luck with finding a home for your stories!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation