Thursday, September 4, 2014

An Adventure In Publication by Yolanda Sfetsos


Hello, it's great to be here today. I’d like to thank SFR Brigade for giving me the chance to drop in.

My latest release is called Recast, Volume 1, and it’s the print edition of the first two books in my SFR series. This is the first time WITHER and CLASH have been available in print, so I’m very excited. Finally holding this book made me remember the story of how I got the opportunity to have the first book in this series published...

It all began a few years ago with a cowboy anthology call out at Samhain Publishing. As soon as I read the submission guidelines, Colt Marshall appeared out of nowhere. But they wanted cowboy stories, so I enquired about whether they would consider a space cowboy submission. The editor said she would, so I got stuck into writing Colt and Brynn’s story right away. And it poured out of me really quickly. The only problem was that as soon as I started meeting some of the other characters, a much bigger landscape was revealed.

I knew there would be many more tales to tell in this world, but didn’t let this deter me from submitting my story. In the meantime, I made notes about this potential series—which I’d already decided was going to be called RECAST—and the characters, situations and locations all came together. When I was done, I had six category-sized stories to tell…and one longer spin-off.

When I heard back about the anthology, I was sad to hear that my space cowboy and feisty sheriff hadn’t made the cut, but a different editor was interested in checking it out. Before I knew it, I was signing my first contract with Samhain and I couldn’t believe that my SFR tale was going to be published. Colt and Brynn were going to be out in the wild. I couldn’t wait for readers to discover the world they lived in.

Fast forward several years, a few editors, and the first print collection is now available. With an awesome cover! Thanks to my lovely editor, I’m enjoying another very exciting part of the publishing experience. And I hope to stay on this ride until the end of the series. Right now, the first three stories are already published, two of them are in print together, and I recently signed a contract for the fourth installment. I also plan to write the next two very soon.

I love how this adventurous, passionate series set in my very own dangerous galaxy turned out to be an adventure for me too. :)

Thanks for reading,

Yolanda
 
 
AUTHOR BIO:

Wife. Mother. Writer. Bibliophile. Dreamer. Animal lover. Intrigued by the supernatural. Horror freak. Zombie enthusiast. Movie & music fan. Slave to her muse.

Yolanda lives in Sydney, Australia with her awesome husband, lovely daughter, and cheeky cat.
 
 
 
LINKS:
 
 
 
 
 
When betrayal, revenge, secrets and lust collide, there can only be chaos.

WITHER


Recast, Book 1
 
 
Wrangling is in Colt’s blood, but the woman he loved wasn’t easily tied down. Now a mysterious client has him wrangling someone who may not be human. Colt doesn’t care as long as he gets paid.

Colt could solve or multiply Brynn’s problems. She doesn’t expect him to understand why she left, but she needs his help. Colt looks as good as she remembers, and even after years, their mutual lust is alive.
 
 
Desire strips away secrets. A secret that could be their death sentence…


CLASH


Recast, Book 2

Half-Recast Ace Abu is determined to get to Fray and destroy the Clash Arena.
When he finds a barstool in Grit, he’s ready for a few beers, but the sexy singer on stage only makes him burn hotter.

Ely’Shea longs for freedom. When the boss is away she indulges her passions. That night she catches a glimpse of an alluring cowboy. Unable to resist temptation, they’re consumed by passion…but once the fuses are set, their deepest secrets could blow any chance of forever to hell.

Product Warnings

Contains shapeshifters, space cowboys, female sheriffs, singers, double lives, and so many secrets it can only end in total madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation