Friday, December 20, 2013

SFRB Recommends #6: How to Date an Alien #scifi #romance

How to Date an Alien by Magan Vernon



I've just finished reading this book, and let me tell you, it's brilliant. It's been a while since I've picked up a book I really cannot put down; a book whose characters stick in my head. Well, this is one of them. Yes, it's for a YA audience, but does that really matter? The characters are well-crafted, the issues they deal with are realistic (given that it's scifi) and the plot is very well structured.

The story is about a high school girl, Alex, who is in the process of applying for college. In order to help her application, she interns over the summer at Circe. It's only when she arrives there that she discovers that Circe is in fact an alien airbase, and she's no sooner in the door than an alien attempts to kill her. She is rescued from death by Ace, a Caltian (yup, alien) with a 'dangerous' tag.

Definitely aimed at the YA audience, if I'm anything to go by (being in my thirties) it is also for the young-at-heart.

Available on Amazon UK and Amazon US.

Author site: Magan Vernon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! This story sounds great. Going to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation