Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meet New Member, Linda Andrews

Today we have an interview with new Brigade member, Linda Andrews. Welcome aboard, Linda!


Please tell us a little about yourself.

I think my bio says it best: Linda Andrews lives in Phoenix, Arizona with
her husband, three children and a menagerie of domesticated animals.
While she started writing a decade ago, she always used her stories to
escape the redundancy of her day job as a scientist and never thought to
actually combine her love of fiction and science. DOH! After that Homer
Simpson moment, she allowed the two halves of her brain to talk to each
other. The journeys she’s embarked on since then are dark, twisted and
occasionally violent, but never predictable.


We’d love to hear more about your book, Blue Maneuver. 

After destroying
the world in my apocalyptic novel, Redaction, I needed a break from doom
and gloom. Since I had just spent the summer watching every ancient
alien/ufo/conspiracy show on Netflix, I thought it would be funny to write
about aliens on Earth. Then to add a twist by having a heroine who not
only didn't like scifi but didn't believe that aliens existed.


Would you like to share any upcoming projects?

 I am currently writing a contracted paranormal romance centered around Valentine's day.
Then I'll be self-publishing two SFR books in a series around a human and
a cyborg.


What do you like about writing SFR? 

I love that my imagination can take me
anywhere, there are no limits. Plus I get to look things up so I can
extrapolate for the science part. Yes, I am a nerd.


What do you find challenging about it?

 Getting the words to describe the
images in my head so that readers can see through my eyes.


What is your favorite SF book or movie? 

My favorite book has to be Hope's
Folly by Linnea Sinclair, but my favorite movie is the original Time
Machine by HG Wells.


Favorite mode of fictional travel? 


Interstellar spaceship. If there was a
way for us to leave Earth to explore the universe, I'd be on it.

Here is the book blurb for Blue Maneuver:

The extraterrestrials have landed and they’re human.
Rae Hemplewhite didn’t believe in aliens until a close encounter with
out-of-this-world technology drags her into the extraterrestrial security
program. Helping alien refugees adjust to life on Earth is difficult
enough, but her first clients have a price on their heads. Plus, her new
partner seems torn between the urge to kiss her or kill her.
And that’s the good news.
The bad news: Alliances are forming in deep space. If Rae doesn’t keep her
witnesses alive long enough to transfer their top secret information to
the right faction of humanity, Earth will become a battlefield.

It is available at:

amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VOKXME/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=wwwlindaandre-20

Barnes and
Nobel:http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blue-maneuver-urban-scifi-fantasy-linda-andrews/1108181682?ean=2940013738331&itm=1&usri=blue+maneuver

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/121154

5 comments:

  1. You had me at cyborg! Welcome to the Brigade.

    And I second the vote for Linnea Sinclair's HOPE'S FOLLY.

    Best of luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the brigade! The book sounds way fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. I've read all of Linnea's books, but there's just something special about that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Brigade, Linda!

    I've heard good things about Redaction. Your next project sounds intriguing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the group! I am new here myself. They seem very friendly, though.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation