Friday, May 27, 2011

Amazon and The Vanishing Tags

I know some of you have been concerned about the missing Tags on Kindle books - and, yes, it happened universally to all Kindle editions. I sent some angry emails to Amazon and I did get a very nice reply.

Let me start by saying they did not do this on purpose. This was not an intentional corporate decision, it's a glitch.

Here's the bulk of the answer they sent:

"I have contacted our technical support team and they are currently working on the issue with Tags not appearing on the Kindle pages. I'm very sorry for any concerns this has caused and I can understand your frustrations.

They were not able to provide an exact date or time when they expect this issue to be resolved, but I will continue to monitor the situation with the technical support team until the problem is fixed. I will send you another email when I've received notification that the Tags are back on the Kindle products and have confirmed this myself. We appreciate your patience in this matter."

I'll keep you guys posted if I hear more. We'll have to see if the Tags return or if we all need to start over *groan*

9 comments:

  1. It's nice that the person who replied implied taking personal responsibility for keeping you updated and verifying the situation is improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so, too. Let's see how the follow up goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! thanks for checking it out. There is a lot of speculation on the various loops about why, including blaming Lady GaGa. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being proactive, Sandra. I think this also got out to the Yahoo loops because of our discussion, so I'm sure they're getting deluged with emails. I'm sure they understand now that this is a BIG thing for both Kindle authors and readers (i.e. their customers).

    Looking forward to a resolution and hoping we don't lose a year of work to tag our Brigader books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that's a relief, that it wasn't an intentional move. I really need to stop assuming the worst. *Fingers crossed all the tags are still where we left them!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info...I did wonder what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to even get a reply from them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank goodness. I sure hope it is just a glitch and doesn't become a permanent thing. I need those tags! Thank you so much for checking into it.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation