Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Out of Time Review Rocks My World!

I got a Google alert just now with a wonderful review of my WWII time travel (loosely SFR, since the time travel is machine, not magic!) from Long and Short of It and just had to share. Hope no one minds! There are so many great elements in the review, I'm going to be hard pressed to pick just one pull quote for my website! :-)


I'll start at the top, because I really can't choose yet!


"Out of Time simply blew my mind with the intensity, scope and sheer magnificence of a well told and poignant tale about two people who did the impossible by falling in love.

First let me say that this story completely and totally impressed me. Not only did the scope of the adventure astound me but the writing itself is to be applauded."



This is a reissue--given a new cover and I hope new life--and an EPPIE winner. Okay, will try to tamp down the squee and get to work!


So far Tuesday is looking pretty good!

13 comments:

  1. thanks, Lisa! I know this wasn't "pure" SFR, but it was my first toe across the line. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Pauline! That is one awesome review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks, Susan! It is quite lovely! LASR gave me a great one for Girl Gone Nova, too. Love that site. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ducked on over to read the full review - you must be so chuffed - it's a keeper for sure! Why not link or post it in it's entirety on your OUT OF TIME book page, perhaps at the bottom after the blurb? Save the quotes for your home page.

    A couple of the quotes that encapsulate the story and jumped out at me...

    "Out of Time simply blew my mind with the intensity, scope and sheer magnificence of a well told and poignant tale about two people who did the impossible by falling in love."

    AND

    "Out Of Time has Oscar nomination written all throughout its very well written and adventurous pages. I can see this being turned into a movie because it is so fleshed out; details are so vivid and the dialogue matched true to the characters that they seem to jump off of the pages."

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, Kylie! Chuffed sums it up! I'd need to get permission from the review site to post the whole thing, but you did home in on my two favorites--out of a whole bunch of wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great comments!!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Congrats Pauline! I hope all your reviews are this awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks, Esther! that's my hope, too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Nothing warms the heart faster than good reviews *g*

    ReplyDelete
  10. True! Though reader reviews are awesome, too. LOL! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wonderful review, Pauline! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation