Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Brigade Welcomes Misa Buckley to the Ranks!

We'd like to welcome, Misa to the Brigade!

Please tell us a little about yourself.
I’m a married mum of five children, escaping the crazy by slipping off into time and space. When I’m not writing, I can be found watching Doctor Who and Stargate Universe. Non-sci fi loves include House and Castle, and restoring my 1971 Volkswagen Beetle.

We’d love to hear more about your book.
When Commander Corin Arrack dares to circumvent Protectorate regulation, he has no idea that everything he’s ever known is about to collapse around him. His ship is attacked by aliens, killing the crew and leaving him for dead.

Meanwhile, Ella Skye is fleeing for her life when the path of her ship converges with Corin’s. Horrified by the dead, she chooses to rescue him despite his violent history and the misgivings of her crew.

Oil and water, Corin and Ella must put aside their differences in order to unite the remnants of the military with a handful of rebels and mercenaries: the last hope to save the galaxy from the alien threat.

Would you like to share any upcoming projects (and links)
People can follow me on Twitter as @misaditas  and on Blogger as misabuckley.blogspot.com

What do you like about writing SFR?
I love character-driven stories, so I’m all about writing the human condition which includes love (and sex!) as well as grief, hope and determination.

What do you find challenging about it?
Finishing! I’m Queen of the Unfinished Novel. It’s quite dire, really.

What is your favorite SF book or movie?
Ohh, um The Last Starfighter. I know it’s a kids’ movie, but it’s the perfect zero-to-hero story with a nice romantic sub-plot. I can still quote the video game blurb (sci fi geek and proud!)

If you could have a robot that did one chore/task and only one, what would you choose?
One that would nag my kids on my behalf!

Great to have you in the Brigade, Misa!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Misa! Glad to have you aboard/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Misa! Your story sounds great. Glad you joined us.

    I remember The Last Starfighter. (I even have the patch! You can find anything on eBay. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a pleasure to meet you Misa! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you! Comments must pass moderation to be published. Spam will be deleted.

SFR Brigade Bases of Operation